EVALUATION

 Evaluation 

Project management- Project management is an essential aspect of the pre-production stage. Consisting of prepping the production before it starts, allowing cast and crew to know what is happening for filming. In regards to logistics, creative and finance I believe I managed these to a professional standard. While managing the project I tried to be as efficient as possible with money and filming times to achieve the best possible film I could create. 

Logistics-To make a successful film there takes a certain level of organisation, I aimed to do this by making documents containing the relevant information to create a film. For example, location recce, call sheet, risk assessment and things such as release forms. I looked at industry standard examples to do this and make sure mine followed suit, so the documents can be used to help production run successfully. I used Microsoft word to create these documents and form things such as the call sheet by using a table so the information can be viewed easily. As for information my call sheet and location do not appear to have as much information as a standard call sheet would have due to my production being on a smaller scale, however it still contains the information needed.    

                                My call sheet                                                                             PRODUCTION MEETING NOTES: CREW WILL MEET AT PRODUCERS HOUSE AT 8.20 AM THEN ARRIVE AT FILMING LOCATION FOR 8.40 AM 

ROLE 

NAME OF PERSON 

TELEPHONE 

EMAIL ADDRESS 

Cast: actor 

Bonnie Alhuassiny 

07939216092 

Cast: actor 

Madeline Silkstone 

01909565444 

Producer and writer 

Madeline Silkstone 

 

01909565444 

 

Director/ Runner 

Madeline Silkstone 

01909565444 

Assistant 

Joanne Silkstone 

01909565444 

Editor 

Madeline Silkstone 

01909565444 

Camera operations 

Joint: Madeline Silkstone & Bonnie Alhussainy 

01909565444& 07939216092 

 

Sound operations 

Bonnie Alhussainy 

07939216092 

 

 

PROPS 

RESPONSIBLE 

EQUIPMENT 

RESPONSIBLE 

JACKETS AND PHONES 

PROVIDED BY PRODUCER 

CAMERA, LIGHTING AND MICROPHONE 

PROVIDED BY PRODUCER 

 

 

FOOD AND TRAVEL FARE 

ALL 

 
 

Industry standard call sheet 


 



Finance- For the finance element of my film I needed to budget and find a way to finance my film which I had to research. I found there were many different ways one can finance a film. I came to the conclusion the most efficient way for me would be self-funding, allowing me to have complete creative control and not have other investors having an input, which I would not be able to if I went with crowdfunding for example. However, this type of funding means I am held accountable for the film financially, if any problems arise. With this in mind I created a budget document so I could manage costs through a table on word, so all costs are accounted for. Having a £0 budget made things more challenging as I had to borrow equipment to cut costs, meaning I couldn’t buy the most high-end equipment for my film. As for how I allocated money, cast and editing software took some of the largest amount, because I believe they have the biggest impacts. Without good actors my story could potentially not be portrayed how I want it to and without decent editing software I don’t have the ability to bring my creation to life to the standard I want it to be at. 

My budget sheet                                    

 

Standard industry budget sheet 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Creative- In my opinion the creative element of the preproduction is one of the more important processes. This is due to its effect on the end result of the film, as it allows me to pre plan while also giving me a visual representation of what my film will look like because of the storyboard I have drawn up, which is a rough portrayal of my film in chronological order of shot scenes, which I would use to follow when filming. This is important as I saves time when shooting as I have already decided roughly how a scene will be shot. I have tried to make my storyboard quite detailed, so it is clear what I want to achieve. If I were to do it again, I would possibly ask for help with the sketches as it is not my strongest area. 

My Storyboard 

 

Script wise, I tried to replicate an industry standard script on a short film scale. Using the standard layout, a professional film would expect from the script. I think potentially I could have been more descriptive with my setting/scene description however I was not sure if I would want to change this later, so I did a brief description to leave room for potential creative changes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHORT FILM PITCH

SHOT LIST

PROPS,COSTUMES AND MAKEUP